This is the website of the British Society for Protist Biology formerly known as the British Section of the Society of Protozoologists.
The BSPB exists:
- To promote the study, teaching and dissemination of all aspects of protozoology.
- To provide a forum for the presentation and discussion of results obtained from original research and for an exchange of information on experimental design and techniques.
- To encourage developing and novel aspects of protozoology.
- To represent the interests of protozoology on other professional bodies.
- To assist young scientists researching in protozoology to attend professional meetings.
British Society for Protist Biology (BSPB) Spring Meeting, 23-25 April 2014
The BSPB Spring Meeting 2014 will take place at Lancaster University between 23-25th April. Further information about the event, including a provisional programme, can be found on our Meetings page but important dates for your diary are:
- Friday 7th February 2014: Deadline for abstract submission
- Friday 14th March 2014: Deadline for early bird registration rates
- Wednesday 26th March 2014: Deadline for securing campus accommodation
- Wednesday 9th April 2014: Registration for the meeting closes
Spread the word...
Help us build our brand new Twitter account - follow, tweet, and re-tweet!@UKProtistology.
Don't forget to join our Facebook page too!
We are updating our contacts database and can everyone who is interested or a member contact Will Gaze with their current contact details.
Protozoology resources are available from the Natural History Museum - London. You can access approximately 1500 video clips as quicktime movies. These are free to download and use for non-commercial purposes:
You can also access 23000 microscope slide collection (mainly medical). This slide resource includes the collections of significant figures such as Garnham, Penard, Hoare etc..
For further information about these resources please contact
Dr D.McL. Roberts,
The Natural History Museum,
Web page: http://www.nhm.ac.uk/research-curation/projects/euk-extreme/