News and Views
- Detils of the Spring 2013 meeting are now available on the Meetings page.
- It is with great sadness that we report that Humphrey Smith passed away recently. He was a long standing member of the Society and was our Treasurer for the last 5 years. He was a great character and will be much missed.
- We are updating our contacts database and can everyone who is interested or a member contact Will Gaze with their current contact details.
- The BSPB has now joined Facebook. Information on how to join Facebook, and be in contact with us, is available on the Setting up Facebook page of this site.
- The BSPB is saddened to hear of the death of Geoffrey Beale, who was the second president of the society
and an influential figure in developing the study of protozoa in UK. Geoffrey Beale obituary.
- We have recently changed our name to more accurately reflect the interests of our members, from the British
Section of the Society of Protozoologists (BSSP) to the British Society for Protist Biology (BSPB). We are still
affiliated with the International Society of Protistologists (ISOP).
- Please donate any of your beautiful protist photos for us to put up here on the website.
- Please don't hesitate to contact the committee if you have any questions or comments and
especially if you have any announcements for the website.
- We are always keen to recruit new members to the society. Please complete our BSPB application form if
you would like to join the BSPB.